Thursday, August 8, 2013

How do i define success

How do i define success you ask? Well one way i define success is with reaching your goals. When someone puts a goal in front of them they must overcome it. It does not matter how high the goal is as long as you reach it. Once a person set a goal and achieve it, it will boost their self confidence up which is a key factor in being successful in life. Every body has different goals, but the feeling of successfully beating your goal is the same, which is an awesome feeling. Say your goal is to learn how to play the guitar just like in the book Zen Guitar it says "The point of training is to strive for perfection. Just as a golfer seeks to strike the ball prefectly with each swing of the club, so should the guitar player intend to play each note perfectly."(Sudo, 52) The only way of reaching your goal if you want to be a better player in any sport or activity is to practice. You as a person have beaten the goal and has made you successful.


Another way i define success is if you are happy with your life then you have a successful life. What i mean by that is we as human don't need fancy clothes, big houses, or expensive cars to be successful. Success isn’t dependent on the things we accumulate, but rather on the actions we take and what we accomplish. In other words, what we accomplish is indicative of whether or not we are successful. If you are living a good life with the life that you have now then you are living a successful life. What we accomplish in life is what makes us successful.

What makes me succeed in life is my family. Most of my family is back in Peru, and it is harder out there to make money then it is here. My mom has been helping my sisters and other families member since we came here in 1998, and now its my turn to do the same. They all want me to be successful in life and it is for them that i am striving to become someone in this world. I want to be able to help them when they need help because i know how hard it is for them out there. I am trying to succeed for the family that has been having my back since i left them all those years ago.

Another thing that helps me succeed in life is my own personal goals that i will achieve by the time i go to the next world. I am going to school because i want to be a graphic designer, and I've known that since high school. Ever sense i took the graphics design class my junior year i knew that's what i wanted to study because it took my interest really fast. I also have another passion which is football(soccer) and as i am getting older my injuries have set me back a few years so i am going to start coaching. If i cant fully play again i want to coach and test my knowledge with tactics and training. Knowing that my passion lays with theses two things i know at the end they will make me succeed in life. I don't call it work because they are a part of me. I am trying to change myself every day to became the person i want to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment