Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Deal Breakers

For me some of the deal breakers in high school and community college was doing the homework on time. I would always wait to the last minute to do the homework, but i would finish them for the most part. Still to this day i do the homework in the last minute but not as often. My excuse in high school was that i was playing sports, and i would be too tired to do the homework. My senior year when the second semesters grade came out i didn't have a GPA of 2.0 which meant i couldn't finish out the last for games of the seasons plus play-offs, but one of my teachers change my grade because she knew how important was to bring the title back to our school. That doesn't happen very often, and college i had surgeries that kept me out for a long time. When i was in class i was always satisfied with a C, but i changed and I'm trying to raise my GPA up.

Another deal breaker is that some teachers also don't help the students. They expect us students to already know the subject. I had teachers where if you ask a question the teacher would say is in your book and would not answer. I understand that we have to read, but when you don't understand how to answer we need teachers to help us. We need to be able to rely on our teachers to teach us the subject properly. Like in the film The Passion Project it says"Really a lot of teachers think that the content is enough. Like is not enough. Because i don't understand it"(Karina,7) and when we need guidance we need our teachers to help us so we can understand what is going on in class and not get behind. A lot of students drop out when they get behind in class as i have as well. But I've learn from the past and learn to stick with the choices i made. I also try to get information about the teacher before i sign up so i have an idea of how the teacher is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment